About the Tour
In 2014 the first Beat Cancer Tour (BCT) team rolled out for the most exclusive opportunity available across all UCI World Tour events.
Part of the official Santos Tour Down Under program, the Beat Cancer Tour grants unique access to a select group of riders to take part in the biggest professional cycling race in the southern hemisphere.
Enjoy prestigious treatment whilst pedalling the same path as international cycling legends at the Santos Tour Down Under, in the biggest week of your life.
Covering over 800km during the week, this exhilarating event offers the chance to ride every stage of the Tour, just hours before the pros. Experience the power of the collective, as the team ride as a united peloton past the crowds of cycling fans, pushing yourself to the limit with the opportunity to have a crack at the King of the Mountain each day!
Being the full pro experience, feedzone stops are brief, and ‘nature stops’ will be briefer. You must be able to ride 150km per day, in a group, at an average speed of 30kph. Our Director Sportif will ensure your training and prep is on track for a big week in the saddle.
You’ll enjoy world class support, reserved purely for the Beat Cancer Tour team plus, incredible access to cheer on cycling icons through the finish line of each stage of the Tour.
The pinnacle of this once-in-a-lifetime experience, doesn’t rest with prestigious access. You’ll also have a unique opportunity to help save lives by raising money to support vital cancer research through Cancer Council’s Beat Cancer Project.
Too many people these days are affected by cancer.
Your support will unlock the key to saving your loved one.
We’ve got what it takes to help you get there. As part of the Beat Cancer Team, you’ll be provided with expert support and guidance from cycling specialists as well as Cancer Council’s fundraising and event specialists.
By supporting vital cancer research with the Beat Cancer Tour team, you can help bring Australians closer to a world where cancer no longer means devastation.
It will take all of us, but together we will beat cancer.
For more information on the incredible research projects we are currently funding, please visit our website.
Every part of your journey is covered
- Professional, personalised training program and fundraising support;
- Arrive on Saturday 14 and depart Monday 23 January, 2017;
- Accommodation in the official Tour hotel, Hilton Adelaide, alongside the pro teams;
- Beat Cancer Tour Santini cycling kit (UV rated), UV cycling sleeves and off bike team uniform;
- Beat Cancer Tour team presentation (to the public) as part of the official pro team’s presentation;
- Ride every stage (over 800 kms) of the Santos Tour Down Under before the pros each day and cross the finish line of every stage including the People’s Choice Classic;
- Physiotherapists and masseurs;
- Transport to and from stage starts and finishes;
- Soigneurs and Domestiques to provide support on the road and massages each night;
- Beat Cancer Tour mechanic workshop in the Adelaide City Council Tour Village, right alongside the Pros;
- Beat Cancer Tour support vehicles;
- Feed bags provided in feed zones;
- Nutrition, electrolytes, water, drink bottles and Cancer Council sunscreen supplied;
- Medical support will travel in the Beat Cancer Tour support vehicle to attend to any immediate medical needs;
- VIP hospitality and seating at the finish line of every stage; and
- Ticket to Legends’ Night Dinner.
We are on a mission to beat cancer but we can’t do it alone.